Making Home Affordable® program helps to borrowers who are struggling to keep their loans current or who are already
behind on their mortgage payments. To be eligible for this program you must go through a screening process to determine
if you have a significant financial hardship.
The borrower must have one of the following hardships to qualify for this program:
- A reduction or loss of income
- Change in household financial circumstances
- Increase in expenses, and excessive monthly debt payments
- A material change in circumstances
LMCU will require information on any of the items listed below, and each of these items must be verified through documentation.
- Monthly gross income of your household, including recent pay stubs or documentation of income
- Your most recent income tax return
- Information about any equity loan (also known as a second mortgage) on your home
- Payments on each of your credit cards
- Payments on any other loans
- Other monthly obligations
After the screening process, qualified homeowners may be eligible for a loan modification.
To see if you qualify for loan modification, call (800) 242-9790, extension 9929, between 9:00 AM ET through
5:30 PM ET, Monday through Friday.
Visit the Making
Home Affordable Website
for additional information.