You can invest a portion of your Health Savings Account (HSA) balance in mutual funds and reap the benefits of investing while saving for future medical expenses.
How it works:
This is a self-directed investment platform, similar to those offered as part of many employee 401k programs. You can invest any balance over $1,000 as you see fit. You’ll be able to transfer money from your investment account back to your base HSA balance at any time, to pay for health care needs for you and your dependents.View Investment Options
Maximize your tax savings
- As a tax-advantaged account, your contributions and gains are not taxable income
- You select the investment products that fit you best
- Choose from 19 mutual funds covering a variety of asset classes and recognized fund families
A single sign-on experience allows you to:
- Access investment balances
- View and print electronic statements
- Rebalance, reallocate account holdings
- View transaction and performance history
- Choose mutual funds with no loads or commissions, and low expense ratios
- Use online tools and resources to guide your investment selections
How to get started
Access your HSA account by logging in to your Online Banking account. Click on the Transfers tab, then HSA Investments, or choose the link under our Quick Links tab.
What will I see the first time I access my HSA investment account?
The first time you access your HSA investment account, you’ll be directed to the enrollment screen. You’ll need to complete a 3-step process to collect your pertinent information and account preferences.
- From the enrollment screen, you’ll need to make your initial investment elections. The money coming into your account will be allocated based on those elections.
- If you don’t establish any investment elections, they will default to a Money Market Account (MMA) until you choose to make a change and realign your holdings.
- It’s very important that you click on the Enroll Me button to complete the process.
If the Enroll Me button is not selected, your enrollment and investment choices will not be applied.
That’s it! You can now begin investment of your HSA funds.