Increased security for Online Banking.
Let’s face it, when creating an online password, we usually choose something like an anniversary or a child’s name because it’s easier to remember. The only problem is, it’s also easier for hackers to guess. LMCU’s mobile authenticator feature is an added level of protection when logging into Online Banking from our website and gives you greater peace of mind when it comes to your account security.
What is the mobile authenticator?
The mobile authenticator sends a unique, one-time passcode to your LMCU mobile app. This passcode takes the place of your usual password when logging into LMCU's Online Banking. Since the authenticator passcode is randomly generated on the spot and expires after a short period, it’s an added security layer.
Here's how it works:
- First, you need the latest version of LMCU's mobile app. Visit Google Play or the App Store to download the app.
- Next, you need to opt into using the mobile authenticator. Log into your Online Banking account from our website. Click Services. Under Account Services, click Mobile Authenticator. Click the Enabled button. For even more security you also have the option to create a personal four-digit pin. This pin will be used in combination with your Mobile Authenticator passcode to create a longer, ten-digit passcode for login.
- Click Save.
- Launch the mobile app and click the Authenticator button. As soon as you do, a six-digit passcode will automatically appear on your screen. Note: if you have never logged into the mobile app, you will need to log in with your normal username and password at least once in order to have access to the Authenticator passcode.
- Take the passcode from the mobile app and go to Online Banking from our website.
- Enter your usual Online Banking username. Then, enter the mobile authenticator passcode (plus the additional four-digit personal pin if you chose to create one previously) into the password field. Your code is only good for 30 seconds.