ATM Deposit Holds
- Since an ATM machine does not know if an envelope contains cash, checks or is actually an empty envelope, funds deposited in an ATM are not available until they can be validated by our staff. The ATM deposit hold is two business days (Monday- Friday). Our Accounting Department works on releasing the holds as soon as a deposit has been verified, so your deposit may be released earlier. While on hold, an ATM deposit is not available for any transactions that post to your account. The deposit will show as part of your "balance" but not the "available balance". Individual branch offices are not able to process ATM deposits as they do not have access to the ATMs. For quicker processing, consider using the "Night Deposit Boxes" that are available at most of our branches. Deposits placed into the "Night Depository" go directly to the branch and tellers begin posting them on the following business day.
Card Purchase Denied
- A Credit Card or Debit Card transaction might be denied for a variety of reasons such as: 1. Insufficient available funds. 2. Loan delinquency. 3. Merchant entered incorrect expiration date. 4. Card Status due to lost or possible fraud indicators.5. Exceeding the number of allowed transactions in one calendar day. Visa Debit Cards can be used to make 15 purchases per day and there is a $500.00 daily ATM withdrawal limit. The limits for credit cards are as follows: Visa Prime Platinum - 15 purchases per day. Visa Travel Plus - 20 purchases per day. Visa Max Rewards - 20 purchases per day. Business Credit Cards 20 purchases per day. These limits are based upon average usage for the card programs and are in place for security/fraud prevention reasons. A Card denied because of maximum transactions can be unlocked by our Card Services Department. During business hours please call (616 or 800) 242-9790, ext. 9915.
Change PIN on a Debit/ATM Card
- The PIN on a Debit/ATM card can be changed inside of Online Banking. You do not need the current PIN to make this change. 1. Log in to Online Banking. 2. Click on ‘Debit RePIN’ on the right-hand side (under ‘Quick Links’) and follow the instructions. Your new PIN will be active after 15 minutes. Please note: LMCU Branch and Call Center staff do not have the ability to see, or change your PIN. If you are not able to access Online Banking, we would be happy to assist you in person at any of our branch locations. You can also contact us at (616 or 800) 242-9790 to have a PIN reminder mailed to you.
Courtesy Pay Enhancement
- Lake Michigan Credit Union provides overdraft protection via it’s Courtesy Pay program whereby checking account transactions are approved over-and-above the available balance for certain types of items: checks, ACH withdrawals, and in-branch withdrawals per the member’s request. The ceiling for Courtesy Pay coverage is approval based. The standard Courtesy Pay fee of $30.00 per item applies to scheduled bill payments ATM withdrawals, Checks, ACH withdrawals, and purchases by Debit Card. Approval of Debit Card purchases that exceed your available balance allows you to buy groceries, gas, or prescriptions without having your purchase declined for insufficient funds. Many times, a fee is preferable to the hassle and/or embarrassment of a declined transaction. Checking account holders are able to “Opt Out” of Courtesy Pay coverage on Debit/ATM transactions. Denial of Debit Card transactions will be based on your available balance when you choose to “Opt Out”. Courtesy Pay is offered at LMCU’s discretion on accounts that are in good standing. This notice applies only to accounts currently with Courtesy Pay. Please contact a Member Services Representative if you wish to review or change the coverage.
Debit -ATM or Credit Card Does Not Work
- If a Debit-ATM or Credit Card does not work when swiped at a Merchant, it is most likely worn out. It can lose the information in the magnetic strip for a variety of reasons, such as “wallet wear”. We can send you a replacement card by mail, with no change to the numbers or PIN, or you can visit a branch to be issued an instant replacement card. To request a card by mail, please contact our Member Services Department at (616 or 800) 242-9790, ext. 9910 or our Card Services Department at (616 or 800) 242-9790, ext. 9915. You should expect that card in 5 – 7 business days. For an instant replacement card, please visit any of our branch locations with proper ID.
Tips For Using ATM
- -Always check the machine before putting your card in: Is the card slot securely in the machine? Does anything look out of the ordinary? Has anything been installed around the edges of the machine that looks strange? -Observe your surroundings before using an ATM. If the machine is obstructed from view or poorly lit, visit another ATM. -Take a friend with you - especially at night. -Have your card out and ready to use. -Beware of offers for help from strangers during an ATM transaction -Shield the screen and keyboard so anyone waiting to use the ATM cannot see you enter your PIN or transaction amount. -Put your cash, card and receipt away immediately. Count your money later, and always keep your receipt. -If you see anyone or anything suspicious, cancel your transaction and leave immediately. If anyone follows you after making a transaction, go to a crowded, well-lit area and call the police. -When using a drive-up ATM, make sure all passenger car doors are locked and windows are up. -Do not leave your car unlocked or engine running when you get out to use an ATM.