- Your monthly eStatements can be accessed in Online Banking by clicking on ‘eStatements’ on the right-hand side (under ‘Quick Links’). You can also access them by clicking on the ‘Other Services’ tab and clicking on ‘eStatements/eNotice’.The eStatement window opens in the form of a pop-up. If you do not see a new window, your browser may be set to block unwanted pop ups. Please go to "Manage Pop Ups" in this section to learn more about managing these pop ups. Please note that statements older than 6 months may not be accessible online. We suggest that you print a copy of each statement or save it to your computer for future reference. Duplicate statements are available at our branches or can be sent by mail by our Member Services Department. There may be a fee per statement copy. To discontinue eStatement delivery: 1. Click on the ‘Other Services’ tab. 2. Click on "Sign Up or Cancel eStatements/eNotices". 3. Under ‘Statement Preferences’ change your delivery preference from ‘Electronic’ to ‘By Mail’ and click ‘Save’
- eStatement delivery is discontinued if your e-mailed notices are returned due to invalid e-mail address. The delivery of statements returns to the paper USPS delivered statements. To ensure there is no lapse in eStatement delivery please update e-mail address changes inside of Online Banking using the menu option “My Profile” then “Change Email”. You are able to sign up for eStatements again under the “Other Services” inside of Online Banking. If you have questions or need help making these changes, please feel free to contact our Member Services Department at (616 or 800) 242-9790, ext. 9910.
eStatements- Manage Pop Ups
- 'Pop Ups' are used to display banners and advertisements to users. They are also used to open an additional layer of necessary information. The presence of an active "pop-up" blocker may interfere with the use of the eStatement/eNotice and Bill Pay windows in Online Banking. Depending on the type of pop-up blocker present, the user may have to either modify the pop-up blocker to allow pop-ups from LMCU or disable the pop-up blocker. We have listed several solutions below. Likely, you will find a solution there. If you do not, many websites address this issue. Specific third party software such as McAfee may have built in blockers. Common successful solutions are: 1. Some systems will allow a pop up if you press and hold down the control button while you click on 'access eStatements/eNotices". 2. Some systems will allow a pop up if you press and hold down the alt button while you click on 'eStatements/eNotices". 3. Some browsers such as Yahoo, often has a control pop up icon on the tool bar to 'allow pop ups for this site only'. Sometimes this icon may be on the bottom of the toolbar. 4. At the ‘help’ index or search area, type in Pop up and look for a way to allow those pop ups. You can also contact that software provider for more solutions.INTERNET EXPLORER BROWSER 1. Open Internet Explorer. 2. Select Tools from the menu bar. 3. Select Pop-up Blocker. 4. Select Pop-up Blocker Settings. 5. Type *.lmcu.org in the "Address of the Web site to allow" field and click the Add button. Note: A temporary solution is to disable the Pop-up Blocker by selecting the Turn off Pop-up Blocker command from Internet Explorer's Tools | Pop-up Blocker menu. MOZILLA FIREFOX BROWSER 1. Open Firefox. 2. Select Tools from the menu bar. 3. Select Options from the drop down menu. 4. Select the Web Features Icon. 5. Select Allowed Sites. 6. Type *.lmcu.org in the "Address of web site" field and click the Allow button. 7. Click OK button. 8. Click OK button to complete the process and return to your browser. GOOGLE’S CHROME BROWSER 1. Click the wrench icon in the upper right hand corner (Customize and Control Google Chrome) 2. Click on Options 3. Click on the Under the Hood tab 4. Click the Content Settings button 5. Click pop-ups 6. Click Exceptions 7. Click the add button and enter in hb.lmcu.org Chrome doesn’t allow the *.lmcu.org so you will have to enter in the full domain name. MOZILLA BROWSER 1. Open Mozilla. 2. Select Edit from the menu bar. 3. Select Preferences from the drop down menu. 4. Expand the Privacy & Security menu by clicking on the plus (+) next to words Privacy & Security. 5. Click on Pop-up Windows under the Privacy & Security menu. 6. Select Allowed Sites. 7. Type *.lmcu.org in the "Allow popups from the following web sites" field and click the Add button. 8. Click OK button. 9. Click OK button to complete the process and return to your browser. SEAMONKEY BROWSER 10. Open SeaMonkey. 11. Select Edit from the menu bar. 12. Select Preferences from the drop down menu. 13. Expand the Privacy & Security menu by clicking on the plus (+) next to words Privacy & Security. 14. Click on Popup Windows under the Privacy & Security menu. 15. Check Block unrequested popup windows. 16. Click Allowed Sites button. 17. Type *.lmcu.org in the "Allow popups from the following web sites" field and click the Add button. 18. Click OK button. 19. Click OK button to complete the process and return to your browser. SAFARI BROWSER Option 1 1. Open Safari. 2. Select Safari from the menu bar. 3. Uncheck Block Pop-Up Windows. Option 2 1. Open Safari. 2. Select Safari from the menu bar. 3. Select Preferences from the drop down menu. 4. Click on the Security icon. 5. Under the Web Content section, uncheck Block Pop-Up Windows. GOOGLE TOOLBAR 1. Open your browser. 2. Select Options from the Google toolbar. 3. In Accessories, uncheck Popup Blocker. 4. Click OK button to comple
eStatements- Sign up
- Signing up for eStatements discontinues mailed delivery of paper statements and notices. After sign up, monthly statements and notices are only available online. To sign up for eStatements log in to your account online and click on the ‘Other Services’ tab then click on ‘Sign Up or Cancel eStatements/eNotices’. Typically, eStatements are available by the 3rd day of the month. You will receive an email every time there is a notice or statement available.
eStatements/eNotices - Not Displaying Correctly
- If your eStatements/eNotices are not displaying, make sure that you are using the most current version of Adobe Reader. To find the version you currently have installed: 1. Go to: Start -> Programs 2. You should see Adobe Reader listed with a version number at the end (i.e. Adobe Reader 7.0). 3. Go to: http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html to view the most current version. 4. If the version on your computer does not match the version on Adobe’s website, download and install the newest version. Configure the browser to use Adobe Acrobat Reader as a Helper Application by: 1. Start Acrobat Reader. 2. Choose Edit >Preferences>General. 3. Select options from the column on the left. 4. Deselect the "Display PDF in Browser" option in Web Browser Options, and then click OK. 5. Exit from Acrobat Reader. -OR- Save the PDF file by: Right click the link to the PDF document. 1. Select "Save as Target." 2. Save the file to your computer. 3. Exit the Web browser. 4. Double click the file that you downloaded. -OR- Delete temporary Internet files by: 1. Open Internet Explorer. 2. Select Tools from the menu at the top. 3. Select the General tab, then select Delete files. 4. Once done click OK. 5. Close your browser, then re-open. -OR- Uninstall and reinstall Adobe Acrobat Reader. The free Reader is available from the adobe website at www.adobe.com.
- Duplicate statements are available at any branch or you can call our Member Services Department at (616 or 800) 242-9790 ext. 9910 to have a copy mailed to you. There is a $5.00 fee per statement copy. That fee is waived for members with a VIP M.O.R.E Score.